If you’re having trouble streaming on Twitch and don’t know how to get unbanned, there’s a good chance your VPN is the problem. Many streamers use VPNs to protect their anonymity, but Twitch has been cracking down on them lately. In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to use a VPN to get around Twitch’s ban system.
In order to request an unban on twitch chat, you will need to use a virtual private network (VPN). Once your connection is secure, open the Twitch app and click on “settings” in the bottom left corner. Scroll down to “account settings” and then click on “request ban”.
Who would have thought that watching others play video games could be so enjoyable? Yet here you are, returning to the Twitch video streaming website to check on the activities of your favorite players.
But hold on—you can’t sign in. You’ve been banned! What took place?
Twitch bans may occur for a variety of reasons, but what can you do after you’ve been banned? Can you re-board?
You may return to Twitch, and using a VPN is the most effective method to do it (VPN).
How to Reverse a Twitch Ban
You’ll need to create a new account and receive a new IP address if you want to be unbanned from the Twitch service or a specific Twitch channel.
By utilizing a Virtual Private Network, changing your IP address is the best and simplest option (VPN).
The most dependable VPN service you can use to alter your IP address and unban from Twitch, according to my comprehensive testing of several VPN services, is NordVPN.
Because NordVPN provides a 30-day money-back guarantee, using it carries no risk.
Why Bans Users From Twitch?
Users may be banned by the Twitch service, channel owners, and channel moderators for a variety of reasons. These may consist of, but are not limited to:
- Copyright violation
- A false representation of other Twitch users
- uploading of prohibited or obscene material
- contacting other Twitch users with unwanted offers
- gathering Twitch users’ email addresses or other personal information
- Threatening, abusing, or harassing other Twitch users
- using the Twitch service for nefarious purposes
- plenty more
Because I am aware that you may be banned at the whim of a channel owner or moderator, I would be foolish to believe that any of my readers would be banned for any of the aforementioned reasons.
However, once you are permitted to get back into the service, keep in mind to play kind with others and mind your manners.
How Do Users Get Banned on Twitch?
Before discussing the easiest approach to unban from Twitch, it’s critical to comprehend the process by which Twitch bans a user.
Twitch keeps track of users’ usernames as well as the IP addresses they use to access the site.
An IP address is assigned to a device when it connects to the internet. This enables other internet-connected devices to identify the computer that requested information so they know to contact the sender. Similar to how snail mail is sent and received at your home address by the postal service.
Twitch imposes a ban on the user using both the username and the IP address. This stops you from using the same device with a different username or from using the same username with a different device.
Even while it can seem like an impassable obstacle, there is a tool that can help you get over Twitch’s restrictions.
Okay, so how do I get my Twitch account unbanned?
Virtual private networks (VPNs) are a great way to unblock Twitch and almost any other internet service.
The device receives a temporary new IP address when a user connects it to a VPN server. It seems as if the user is connected from a different place as a result. It may be across the street or halfway across the globe.
You may create a new Twitch account with this new IP address, choose a new username, and resume watching your favorite players.
PRO SUGGESTION: When generating a new username, think about a completely unique handle. Both server bans and new user monitoring are handled by humans. If your previous username was “Twitchy McGee,” “Still Twitchy McGee” may not be acceptable.
Steps for Using a VPN to Unblock Twitch
If you’ve been banned from Twitch, follow these instructions to get back in.
- Join a VPN service now (I recommend NordVPN).
- Get the app from the service provider of your choosing, then install it.
- Open the VPN application, then join a nearby server.
- Open up your preferred browser and connect to the Twitch service. (You may need to clear the cache and cookies in your browser.)
- Make a brand-new account.
- Take in the spectacle!
Techniques for Evaluating a VPN to Unblock Twitch
It might be difficult to choose a VPN service provider to unblock Twitch since not all VPNs will be able to do so, nor will they all provide the capabilities you want for a top-notch Twitch watching experience.
When deciding on a VPN service provider to suggest (NordVPN) for unblocking Twitch, these were the main criteria I considered:
- Speed is essential if you want to enjoy Twitch. If not, the video may need to buffer while your favorite streamer is engaged in the crucial phase of the game. With its impressive speeds, NordVPN guarantees that you won’t experience buffering or low-quality resolution.
- Server Network: Although not the most crucial factor for unblocking Twitch, a VPN with an extensive worldwide server network will provide you access to gaming servers in different nations. Additionally, because there won’t be any servers that are overloaded with people, having a large server count implies that your speeds will be higher.
- Value: Your VPN needs to provide good value for the money. Avoid it if it doesn’t provide enough features and usefulness for its cost. For its affordable pricing, NordVPN provides a lot of value.
- Usefulness: The VPN you choose should have user-friendly applications and provide those apps for a variety of devices. In this manner, you’ll be able to watch from any platform and won’t have to spend time setting up the VPN when your preferred Twitch user is ready to broadcast. Easy-to-use applications are available from NordVPN for all of your preferred streaming devices.
- Security and privacy: Always remember that accessing the internet puts you at risk and that you need enough security and privacy to stream securely. Always verify that a VPN has strong no-server-logs guidelines, government-grade encryption, an automated kill switch, and IP/DNS leak prevention. Offering all of this and more is NordVPN.
- Gaming and streaming: Since video game players often stream on platforms like YouTube, you’ll want a VPN that can unblock both YouTube and other video streaming sites. Additionally, because you undoubtedly like gaming as well, you want a VPN that will make it fun to play games like Minecraft, World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy, and others. Access to international gaming servers and video streaming services may also be made possible through NordVPN.
See more details on my VPN testing procedures here.
Which VPN Provider Is the Best for Unblocking Twitch?
If we’re being honest, Twitch can probably be unblocked by any Virtual Private Network. However, if you’re going to pay for a VPN anyhow, why not get the one with the finest selection of security and features?
That provider is NordVPN.
A dependable VPN service, NordVPN offers connections that are quick and secure. The supplier provides first-rate Multi-Platform Assistance, extensive worldwide server coverage, and first-rate customer service. (Read my whole NordVPN review.)
Twitch is a video streaming service, meaning that the faster your Relationship Speeds are, the more enjoyable your Twitch experience will be. This will be true if you’re simply watching someone else play, or if you’re sharing your skillful moves and dazzling wit with the rest of the world.
NordVPN’s Relationship Speeds are some of the fastest in the business. The service provides speeds that are easily up to handling the action from Twitch, as well as movie streaming services, such as Netflix and Hulu. (Yeah, NordVPN also unblocks those services.)
On all of the widely used device platforms, including NordVPN, Twitch is accessible.
Applications are available from the supplier for Windows, iOS, Android, Linux, and macOS (with M1 Mac support). They also provide browser add-ons for Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.
On a single login, the service supports up to 6 concurrent connections. Users may take advantage of NordVPN’s exceptional router compatibility if they need extra connections or protection for devices that aren’t included on its compatibility list.
By utilizing a router that is compatible with the service, users may secure their game consoles and streaming devices. You’ll need to set up the VPN provider on a router or share a secured connection from your Mac or Windows PC since VPN applications are not available for all Twitch-compatible devices (including, but not limited to, the Apple TV, PlayStation, and Xbox consoles). All of your linked devices are also secured by the router features of the provider via a single connection.
See my articles on how to configure NordVPN on Netgear and DD-WRT routers.
We wish you easy and problem-free internet experiences at all times.
But, for those times when you do experience issues with your VPN connection, it’s reassuring to know that NordVPN’s Customer Service department will be there to help you in your time of need.
The VPN offers email assistance, a searchable help library, and live chat support available around the clock.
Server Coverage Worldwide
While you can select any nearby server to break through your Twitch ban, you’ll find that optimal Server Coverage Worldwide is a useful feature that enhances other VPN-related activities.
With 5,400+ servers spread over 60 countries, NordVPN offers global coverage. There is a lot of content-unblocking capability in there.
Given its excellent service and inexpensive cost, NordVPN is included in the list of cheap VPN services. If you click the link below, you may get a special discount.
FAQs for unbanned Twitch VPN
How Can I Reverse My Twitch Chat Ban?
The quickest approach to regain access to Twitch chat is to modify your IP address and username. Join a VPN, download its app(s) on your device(s), connect to a VPN server, and you’re ready to alter your IP address. Create a new account with a new username using this new IP address. You will then have access to Twitch chat once again.
On Twitch, how do I ban someone?
Use the command /ban USERNAME on Twitch to ban someone, or simply “click the Cancel icon in chat or on the user badge that shows when clicking on a username.”
How Can I Remove Someone’s Twitch Ban?
Simply use the unban command (/timeout USERNAME [SECONDS]) or click the unban button on Twitch to remove someone’s ban.
How Can You Tell if Twitch Chat Has Banned You?
You can check whether Twitch Chat has banned you in a few different ways. You have been banned from that chat if, when viewing your follower’s list, you are unable to see the channel you believe you have been banned from. Additionally, you may try posting in the channel you believe you have been blocked from by going straight there. You are prohibited from using that channel if you cannot post in the conversation.
How Can I Check If I’m Banned From A Twitch Channel?
Whether you want to find out if your account is presently suspended, utilize the “Check User” tool in Twitch Insights. Simply enter your login, and the system will verify the status of your account right away.
Twitch is an Amazon-owned streaming service that specializes in broadcasting video games live.
Esports, first-person shooters, arcade games, and other well-known game genres are all streamed on the service. Both live and on-demand streaming options of the content are accessible. The service also broadcasts “simply talking” feeds, which may include podcasts, commentary, and casual fan discussion.
Users stream content from a variety of devices, including Windows, Mac, PS4, and Xbox One. The likes of Fortnite, League of Legends, Minecraft, and World of Warcraft are often streamed while being played.
Although the site was created to share game streams, it has now extended its content library to include reality TV programs, music festivals, and interviews.
In February 2021, there were 9.5 million active broadcasters using the Twitch service, and there were 2.9 million average concurrent viewers. Although there are other services of a similar kind, Twitch is now the most well-known.
Overcoming the Twitch Blockade
Don’t worry if you’ve ever been banned from the Twitch broadcasting site; it takes a few mouse clicks to get you back on.
You can again access Twitch thanks to NordVPN, which encrypts all of your internet traffic, shields you from cybercriminals, and unblocks other geographically restricted websites.
BagoGames’ “Twitch” is available under a CC BY 2.0.